Industrial Print does not have the primary purpose of carrying a promotional message. It is print that is part of a manufacturing process, that either enables the function of a product or that enhances its appearance or decoration.
Marcus Timson, InPrint
INDUSTRIAL PRINT FACTS
- Industrial inkjet has cumulative growth estimates of 36% until 2022
- Industrial inkjet is the third highest sector for venture capital investment
- Industrial print is experiencing the greatest growth and demand
- According to Smithers PIRA, functional and industrial printing is valued at $67.4 billion in 2015, up from $32.1 billion in 2010. It will grow to $107.9 billion by 2020
- Industrial print is not adversely affected by the growth of new media and the disruptive nature of smart technology